Sunday, January 29, 2012

algunos días de descanso


Hello!  I got sick on Friday, and the Salvadoran bug was not a fun experience.  I haven’t been too homesick, but I will say that being sick made me appreciate the nice bed, bedroom, bathroom, and warm shower I have at home.  Although the last 11 days have been incredible, especially after these last 2 days I’m excited to slow down and get into the swing of a normal schedule.  It definitely was nice to have some alone time while everyone was gone, but I’m feeling a lot better today and am ready to get going again!

Today I got to sleep in, went to Mass in the park close to my house, and went to the market in the park that’s there every Sunday morning.  It reminded me of going to the farmer’s market with my mom in the summer!  I bought a bunch of fresh vegetables to make a yummy salsa that I spent part of the afternoon making, and I’m definitely enjoying all the cooking we are doing! 

Tomorrow I’ll go to Tepecoyo for the first time.  I’m definitely excited, but also nervous, realizing I have no idea what I’m getting into.  From what I’ve been told, Mondays we will spend on house visits and Wednesday’s I’ll be teaching English.  I can’t wait, but I know it’s going to be a lot of work.  It’s crazy that after all of the preparation it took to get here and all the time I’ve spent here so far that we’re finally really starting!  

1 comment:

  1. that salsa sounds glorious along with all of your other experiences (except the bug of course). I can't wait to hear how Tepecoyo went. Love you!

    ReplyDelete