Tuesday, February 21, 2012

un mes

Last week we celebrated our one month anniversary of being here.  An entire month has gone by!  It went quickly, but also I think of HOW MUCH has happened in that one month...and I can't even imagine how much more will happen in three more!  This week was full of a lot of appreciation I have for being here in such a unique program.  A common theme has been reality, how do I define reality, how is reality different for different people, and what does all of that mean.  Attempting to define reality in El Salvador has been an interesting process.  Obviously there's no concrete answer for that.  Being in such a program, however, sometimes I wonder how much of a biased view we are getting and how much of what we learn and experience is reality, but with classes and praxis and reading and traveling I feel like I get a better picture of it every day.  For classes we do SO much reading...but its all so interesting that it doesn't bother me too much.  Besides classes, Angelica and Ana in Tepecoyo are always telling us that we can ask them anything we want without shame, and they are extremely willing to share their lives with us...which has been a privilege.

This weekend I explored San Salvador a bit, visited the Catedral, el Palacio Nacional, y la Biblioteca Nacional.  San Salvador was quite the experience.  On Sunday we drove to Chalatenango to visit the houses of Orbelina and Dinora.  It was really fun to see where they come from and to meet their families and hear some of their stories.  Plus I enjoyed seeing a different part of the country.  Next week is campo week, so I'll spend the entire week living with a family in Nuevo Trinidad...so for now we are all kind of getting ready for that!  Chau for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment